Liaoning university welcomes outstanding students from all over the world to apply for the Chinese Government Scholarship “High-level Postgraduate” Program, according to notice from China Scholarship Council.
[Program Category: Type B, Agency Number: 10140]
I. Enrollment Category and Majors
1. Enrollment category: Master’s and doctor’s degree students.
2. Enrollment majors: See Appendix 1 for details.
II. Number of Students to be Enrolled
Liaoning University recommends 20 Applicants to China Scholarship Council, and the final enrollment number shall be subject to the approval of China Scholarship Council.
III. Application Eligibility
1. Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health both mentally and physically.
2. Applicants should meet the requirements of “Application Guide for Chinese Government Scholarship”.
3. Requirements for Age and Degree:
● Applicants for a master’s degree should have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent, excellent academic performance, and generally not more than 35 years old.
● Applicants for a doctor’s degree should have a master’s degree or equivalent, excellent academic performance, and generally not more than 40 years old.
4. Requirements for Language Proficiency:
● Those who apply for a master’s or doctor’s degree with Chinese as the professional teaching language must achieve 180 points of HSK level 4.
● Those who apply for a master’s or doctor’s degree with English as the professional teaching language must have an English level of IELTS 6.5 or TOEFL 90, or pass the interview organized by Liaoning university.
5. Other Requirements:
● The applicant shall meet the admission requirements of the applied school in academic ability, language proficiency and other relevant criteria.
● The applicant is not allowed to receive the scholarship of this project and other scholarships (excluding all kinds of one-time incentives) established by local governments at all levels and universities in China at the same time. Once found, the qualification of Chinese government scholarship will be canceled, and the received Chinese government scholarship must be refunded. Those who deliberately conceal the funding situation will not be allowed to apply for Chinese government scholarships within three years, except for disqualification.
IV. Scholarship contents and standards
● Tuition fees.
● Accommodation: the school provides apartments. Generally, the master’s room is a double room and the doctor’s room is a single room.
Master’s degree: CNY 3,000 per month; Doctoral students: CNY 3,500 per month.
● Comprehensive medical insurance.
● International Travel: Self-fund.
Please visit http://www.campuschina.org for detailed scholarship information. If the standards of Liaoning University differ from those of the China Scholarship Council, the China Scholarship Council shall prevail.
V. Application Materials
Applicants must truthfully fill in the application form according to the application process and submit true application materials, including:
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (in Chinese or English). Applicants must fill in and submit the electronic registration information online through the “Chinese Government Scholarship Information System” of China Scholarship Council. After submitting the information, please print the Chinese Government Scholarship Application Form automatically generated by the system. The website of the system is http://www.campuschina.org.
2. Copy of Passport Information Page. The applicant’s current passport expiry date should be after September 2023.
3. Diploma and certificate of highest education(notarized photocopy). An applicant who is a current university student shall submit the certificate of expected graduation or student status issued by his/her university.If the applicant is an in-service person, in addition to the relevant academic certificate, the in-service certificate issued by the employer must also be submitted, all of which must be originals.
Note: Certificates in languages other than Chinese and English should also be accompanied by a notarized Chinese or English translation.
4. Academic transcripts (from the undergraduate program onwards). Copies of academic records from first to last semester during the undergraduate, graduate (if any) shall be provided. These transcripts shall be issued and sealed by the attending university’s academic affairs office, graduate school or student management department. They can be in Chinese or English, but must be attached with notarized English translations if they are in foreign languages other than English.
5. Language qualification certificates. Applicants for Chinese-taught programs must
submit valid HSK reports in accordance with the corresponding Chinese proficiency
requirements. Applicants who have used Chinese as the teaching language to obtain a degree from a Chinese university are not required to provide a certificate of HSK Level 4; applicants who use English as their major language of study must provide a copy of the TOEFL or IELTS score report ( except for applicants whose official language is English). Those who do not have TOEFL or IELTS score certificates can provide other official English proficiency certificates.
6. A study plan or research proposal. A study plan written in Chinese or English shall contain study and work experience, academic research results, proposed research plans, personal development goals after graduation, more than 2,000 Chinese characters or 2,500 English words.
7. Recommendation letters. Two letters of recommendation (signed or sealed by the dean of the department, written only in Chinese or English) from professors or associate professors shall be submitted. These letters shall describe the applicant’s objectives of learning in China, comprehensive abilities, and evaluation of future growth, as well as the cooperation between the supervisors or the exchange between universities both in China and abroad.
8. A photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form completed in English. The form is designed by the Chinese quarantine authority and can be obtained from the dispatching authority. The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take a physical examination as the result is valid for only 6 months.
9. Non-criminal record report. The applicant shall submit a valid certificate of Non-
Criminal Record issued by the local public security authority, usually issued within 6
months prior to the submission date of the application.
10. Personal works. If you have published papers, award certificates and other materials that can prove your academic achievements and research ability, please provide the thesis title, abstract, publications and supporting documents.
VI. Application Procedures
Step 1. Visit Liaoning University website and check application materials for Scholarship Application at /International_Student/Scholarship.htm.
Step 2. Prepare application materials if qualified.
Step 3. Visit “CSC Study in China” website and click “Scholarship Application for
Students” at http://www.campuschina.org. Submit the electronic version of all application materials, the Pre-admission Notice would be submitted at last after passing assessment.
Step 4. Log in to the application system of Liaoning University: https://lnu.17gz.org/member/login.do Register online and submit materials for review.
1. Important personal information, such as passport name, passport number, nationality, date of birth, contact number, etc., must be filled in truthfully, otherwise the application may fail.
2. E-mails, personal contact numbers, and contact numbers in China are important information required for the admissions process, such as video interviews, notification of admission results, etc., which must be accurate and effective.
3. The application materials will not be returned whether the applicant is accepted or not.
VII. Admission and Notification
1.This program adopts the principle of "individual application, school recommendation, expert review, and merit-based admission" to select international students with excellent academic background, professional ability and future development potential.
2. Institute of International Education of Liaoning University is responsible for reviewing the applicants’ application materials.
3. Liaoning University takes a written test and an interview to examine the applicant's attitude towards China, academic performance, scientific research ability, language level, comprehensive quality, development potential, health status and no criminal record, etc., and selects the best candidates for recommendation. The written test and interview will be conducted online. The specific time will be notified to the contact information on the "Chinese Government Scholarship Application Form" submitted by the applicant through the official email firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Liaoning University will transfer or directly notify the students themselves of the “Admission Notice” and “Visa Application for Study in China” (JW201 Form) and other documents before the end of July 2023.
VIII. Deadline for registration: February 20, 2023
International Student Admission Office
Institute of International Education, Liaoning University
Contact: Mr. Gao, Mr. Pang